09-11-11 You said butt

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: 09-11-11 You said butt

Post by Don Alexander »

I see we're back in grade school... :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

someone

Post by someone »

Raamyah wrote:Not to mention Dio may be a racist little prat against werewolves
I still don't get where the "Dio is racist" thing come from, since all he did was respond to his fiancée's comment that Ace likes frolicking in trash.

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

The fact that he is so ready to believe that Ace (a normal person, and based solely on Layla's say-so) loves frolicking in trash should be enough. Easily, with no hesitation. Civilized people don't do that sort of thing.

Also, if you remember the color strips, vampires and werewolves are old enemies. That alone lends credence to him being racist (speciesist?), having that history repeated to him in his youth.

It's a guess, but evidence supports it. It could be that he's merely trying to get in good with Layla by agreeing to whatever she says. :-?
"There are four pillars of existence that support the very foundations of the universe: the speed of light in a vacuum, the Planck constant, Newtonian gravity, and the all-encompassing awesomeness of breasts." - Pauli Polsuo

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid." - Anonymous

hokova

Post by hokova »

Oh, Chlooeeee... mom would be proud. :p But she´d be prouder if you tried it out...
Erm... I didnt say anything. :-=
Although this gives it new perspective. Who knows, what will mister vampire fiance do?
,,Nobody is a villain.It's just the point of view!´´

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Ace must be getting up in the world. He wasn't walking by when Nina did her spit take... :ymdevil:
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Pinekone

Post by Pinekone »

At first I thought Nina had downs syndrome, because well that book report and the way she socializes.
Now I believe shes hyper and was shielded from the world too long.
pink wrote: Just had a mental image of Charlie Brown with Didi's tits.

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

[Jay] Butt. butt. butt. butt. Cutiecutie butt, cutiecutie buttbutt cutie butt cutie butt that's what Brooke has. [/Jay]
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Missie

Post by Missie »

Raamyah wrote:The fact that he is so ready to believe that Ace (a normal person, and based solely on Layla's say-so) loves frolicking in trash should be enough. Easily, with no hesitation. Civilized people don't do that sort of thing.
To be fair, the first thing he saw of Ace was him in the trash, and Layla (who clearly knows him better than Dio does, seeing as that's the first time he met him) says it's so, I don't think it's necessarily 'uncivilized' to take the word of someone who knows better than you do and is confirming something you saw with your own eyes.

THAT ASIDE. I see Nina is still apparently six years old.

Aquila89

Post by Aquila89 »

But he didn't agree with Layla that Ace in particular likes playing in the trash; he said "Filthy creatures!", indicating that werewolves in general like playing in the trash. That's prejudice.

I'm with Nina here; I don't want Layla to get married and go away.

Jaerys

Post by Jaerys »

It seems like Dio would have seen Layla shove Ace into the trash. Ace was introducing himself at the time, and Dio was talking with her. I suppose rule of funny could be involved though.

I'm trying to give Dio the benefit of the doubt for now. I think the comic could use more antagonists, but we may be jumping the gun. In his defense Layla was saying werewolves love to play in trash, not Ace specifically.

Count de Money

Post by Count de Money »

I thought the title of this thread would be Rear Part; however, that's good, too.

This strip is the first time I remember Chloe acknowledging her sexuality sober.

Wow, Nina, really? You get the giggles from the word butt?

It's nice to know Nina still cares about her sister enough to have another irrational outburst she believes is protective.
"Tall and dark and really handsome ... the hunk from Oo-Oo-Nima's real dumb ... And when he strolls, each one he strolls by goes, 'BLEAAAAAAH!'"
-- Dot Warner

Grundy Smash

Post by Grundy Smash »

I notice that Ace is not with Brook at lunch, either hes washing all the garbage off or there not dating anymore(im more of a ace/nina fan anyway) or theire keeping the relationship a secret(don't know why?).

Jaerys

Post by Jaerys »

I don't think we've ever seen Ace eat in the cafeteria or have lunch with the girls, so I wouldn't read into it. He may prefer eating outside. There are picnic tables at the school, and he ate lunch beneath a tree at least once. That may have been because he was hiding from Nina, but it would fit his personality to shy away from the crowded cafeteria.

I suspect we won't get a clear indication on how the date between Ace and Brooke went this chapter. There's plenty of other stuff going on, and the creators probably don't want to spoil the surprise for the people that pre-ordered volume 1.

theodoric476

Post by theodoric476 »

As to Chloe checking out butts Dio's and Layla's butt would have been at the same level, side by side for most of Chloe's viewing opportunity. It might have been hard for other to discern whose butt she was checking out. I am just sayin'
Birds of a feather flock together,
And so will pigs and swine;
Rats and mice will have their choice,
And so will I have mine. Nursery Rhyme

I may disagree with you but I am pretty sure you are not a NAZI Jon Steward/ The Daily Show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiGmgqW6ES8 State Rep. Maureen Walsh (WA. 16th district. R)

We have no enemies, only opponents Ronald Reagan

What luck that men do not think. Adolf Hitler

Astrotrain

Post by Astrotrain »

Grundy Smash wrote:I notice that Ace is not with Brook at lunch, either hes washing all the garbage off or there not dating anymore(im more of a ace/nina fan anyway) or theire keeping the relationship a secret(don't know why?).
It's worth noting that the solicitation for the book and its bonus story specific says, "Ace and Brooke's first date."
"Can you science me up, so that I'm a boy again?"
~262