26-10-11 Three kisses

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Jaerys

Re: 26-10-11 Three kisses

Post by Jaerys »

Wolf packs are something of a myth anyway. Wild wolf packs are generally family units with pups following their parents leadership until they are old enough to leave and form their own families. Wolves can form traditional packs with alphas, betas, and omegas, but it's usually because a bunch of unrelated wolves are forced into an area that is too small to allow them to ignore one another. Come to think of it, that's basically high school. Ace is (or at least was) the omega wolf of Charybdis Heights. It explains so much.

I suppose a lot of how this plays out depends on whether Brooke is still around. She was earlier, but she may have left between pages. Layla had to get a wig, and the ellipsis at the beginning of Layla's dialogue suggests we missed at least some of the conversation. Brooke may have lost interest and headed off to class before realizing what was happening.

The only person whose race Maria identified for certain was Brooke. That may have had more to do with how Brooke looks and her pet snake/fashion accessory than an innate sense for race though. Maria might have been able to guess Chloe and Ace's race, but presumably she didn't have to. She knows what Chloe is because she met Chloe's mother. I don't think she's even called Ace a werewolf, but she probably knows that he is one. Maria said that Nina talks about him all the time and it's hard to imagine that Nina hasn't called him Puppy in at least one of these conversations she's supposedly had.

Edit: Nina definitely called Ace Puppy in front of Maria at least a few times during the sleepover. Since Maria didn't question the nickname, I assume she knows Ace is a werewolf.

Assuming Ace is going through with this plan, I don't think it will be his race that gives him away. There's too many other reasons for it to go wrong for it to come down to a bad disguise. Ace and Layla probably won't be able to act like a convincing couple. She'll want to put him down any time she thinks they're alone. He'll either act uninterested or like a caricature of Kade's bad qualities. Nina will probably have some sort of jealous outburst as well.

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

Yes, I can agree with all you have said, Jaerys.

And this is me waiting for the fecal matter to impact the oscillating device: Image

Thanks, Ravenhull!
"There are four pillars of existence that support the very foundations of the universe: the speed of light in a vacuum, the Planck constant, Newtonian gravity, and the all-encompassing awesomeness of breasts." - Pauli Polsuo

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid." - Anonymous

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Random Wanderer wrote:
Searcher wrote:Also the whole 'lots of girls' comment, he is a TEENAGE GUY, of course he assumes lots of girls want to kiss him.
It depends on the guy. Ace's mannerisms back when he was male before were more along the lines of the kind of teenage guy who believed no women would ever be interested in him. I can recognize the type: I used to be it.
I recognize the type too, I AM it. :(

Anyway, panel 3! Highly ironic. Layla is calling THIS HUNK a "mangy mongrel no girl would want to kiss"??? :-o

Also, Skullpin rules, as always. "><" was great. 8-X
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

The Nick
<3 <3 Most Loved <3 <3

Post by The Nick »

Don Alexander wrote:Anyway, panel 3! Highly ironic. Layla is calling THIS HUNK a "mangy mongrel no girl would want to kiss"??? :-o
"I suggest you take this offer (to kiss me). No other girl would dream of kissing a mangy mongrel such as yourself. *kiss*"

Exceptionally ironic. The first thing she does is kiss. This only reinforces my previous point.
"Sometimes [Layla] is a bit discourteous."-David Johnston
"The usual incentive for peace is to not be at war."-Thor
"that's actually one of thor's lines you've got in your signature there, not one of mine." -J (usually more invisible)
"Somebody just stake me now" -TJgalon
"I can masturbate without guilt now." -Panchocheesecake
"More Nick-sarcasm is always appreciated. Hail Beret Cat!" -Don Alexander
"...get that girl's panties off of her as soon as possible, and then see what effect that has on her personality." -kitsune9tails (out of context)
"special flowers" -Thor
"Doggy style." -Milnoc
"Wanted: ...berets on cats..." -The Nick

Marque'd

Post by Marque'd »

Looks like someone hit puberty. I was wondering if that'd happen after the switch. No furry...

No furry palms. Wow, how did I miss THAT joke?
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. *stabstabstab*

Yay, signature death.

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Actually, something just occured to me. Where are the DLT's (Dumb Lizard Twins)? I wanna see them try to bully Ace now, and see just how he's looking as a Wolf now.
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Random Wanderer

Post by Random Wanderer »

Don Alexander wrote:
Random Wanderer wrote:
Searcher wrote:Also the whole 'lots of girls' comment, he is a TEENAGE GUY, of course he assumes lots of girls want to kiss him.
It depends on the guy. Ace's mannerisms back when he was male before were more along the lines of the kind of teenage guy who believed no women would ever be interested in him. I can recognize the type: I used to be it.
I recognize the type too, I AM it. :(
The big reason I didn't say it that way is because I'm no longer a teenage guy.
Anyway, panel 3! Highly ironic. Layla is calling THIS HUNK a "mangy mongrel no girl would want to kiss"???
Layla is sometimes (often?) a bit out of touch with reality. Her level of focus on herself prevents her from really seeing the people around her at those times, I think.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

I can think of one very simple reason why Layla would bother Ace with her unrealistic, asinine plan: Ace and Kade are both therianthropes. Assuming she has told her parents about Kade, she may be hoping they'll be fooled if she brings another theriantrope (in this case, just someone who smells like a creature that shifts between human and animal) and puts on her whole performance.

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

Wait, though... won't Maria recognize Ace?

Random Wanderer

She never saw him when he was male, but I suspect she's perceptive enough to be able to tell anyway.

mikbuster

Post by mikbuster »

That would be awkward if she recognized him as 'that girl that was at the slumber party'...
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
ADD is a double edged sword. Also the handle is a blade.

That one's easy: it's because it sounds disgusting. Society's got nothing to do with that. ~Gotoh

Random Wanderer

Oh, this is going to be awkward no matter what happens.

Searcher
Skipper of the S.S.Shipper

Post by Searcher »

The old Ace wouldn't have thought that all the girls wanted him, the old Ace won't have asked Brooke out on a date. The new Ace, well I bet that a couple girls have pay him more attention then normal and he likes it! :D So bigger body ... bigger ego.

Has anyone thought that Layla shouldn't worry about her mom but Nina? Maybe Nina would help derail this plan to save her :O3
"Vegetarian: an old Iroquois word for Bad Hunter." Stolen from Azrael
“My books are like water, those of the great geniuses are wine. (Fortunately) everybody drinks water.” ~Samuel Langhorne Clemens
Robin Williams, a man who used his natural talents to make people smile, to laugh, to spread joy, to let everyone else feel alive; so no one else ever had to suffer as much as he has.

Aquila89

Post by Aquila89 »

Random Wanderer wrote: It depends on the guy. Ace's mannerisms back when he was male before were more along the lines of the kind of teenage guy who believed no women would ever be interested in him. I can recognize the type: I used to be it.
Exactly what I wanted to say. Except from the "used to be" part.
Don Alexander wrote: Anyway, panel 3! Highly ironic. Layla is calling THIS HUNK a "mangy mongrel no girl would want to kiss"??? :-o
I think he still judges him based on first impressions.

Jaerys

Post by Jaerys »

I'd like to see the lizard twins' reaction to Ace as well. Presumably they're all on the track team since the first time we see Ace he's in a race to decide who goes to the next meet and who is on laundry duty. They're bound to run into each other again eventually. For that matter, Nina tells her mother that Brooke is the fastest sprinter in school so Brooke may be on the girl's track team (although Layla may be faster if she actually tried). I wonder if they will do a chapter on a track meet sometime down the line. Who does the school teams compete against anyway? Artemis and Apollo students? Students from unspecified monster academies? It's not like the lizard twins can pass as humans in a normal track meet.

I'm definitely curious whether Ace's wolf form has changed, but I wouldn't count on it. Ace's dad managed to stay on the cute and fuzzy side of the wolf/puppy equation. Still, it'd be interesting to see if Nina stays attached to him if his puppy form isn't cute anymore.

PS - I apologize if track isn't gender separated. I don't really follow the sport.