26-10-11 Three kisses

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

sylentknight

Re: 26-10-11 Three kisses

Post by sylentknight »

Since girls mature faster than boys, I going to assume that Ace's time as a female simply allowed him to circumvent the remaining time that it would have taken him to reach his current level of maturity. Let's just say he skipped a year physically. So basically we now have two male types to appease the wider taste of the characters and the readers.
Where Kade is a cat, Ace is a wolf.
Where Kade is more of a Bishōnen, Ace may be more of a Hunk.
Where Kade is more Inuyasa. Ace is more (almost literally) Ranma.

It will be interesting to see as time goes by if Ace's looks, gentleness, and understanding of women (having been one) will start generating a small following of girls similar to Kade's.
(Not that Ace would abuse it like Kade.)
I do so relish these times of peril.
- Sheen from Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

FWIW, I think Layla is making the common mistake of confusing a genuinely nice guy (which Ace is) with her belief he is a weak, vulnerable, wimp (which he isn't). Layla is a smart girl, but she still has much to learn. :-?

sylentknight

Post by sylentknight »

Aquila89 wrote:Why is she picking Ace? I think there are guys in the school who would happily go out with her, even if they have to pretend to be Kade.
Other than Kade, Ace is about the only other character that we've seen Layla spend any time with, so it could just be a matter of trust.
I do so relish these times of peril.
- Sheen from Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius

Hurbster

Post by Hurbster »

BlairFan wrote:FWIW, I think Layla is making the common mistake of confusing a genuinely nice guy (which Ace is) with her belief he is a weak, vulnerable, wimp (which he isn't). Layla is a smart girl, but she still has much to learn. :-?

Hasn't she pretty much treated all men like cack so far ?

Those few we have seen in the comic so far, I mean.
"We're only immortal for a limited time. " - Dreamline.

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Another thing about Layla thinking Ace might be "Weak" is the fact that he IS a Canid-form Lycanthrope. She could, possibly unconsciously, think that since he's the ONLY one we've seen that he's easier to intimidate/control since he doesn't operate within a Pack-type structure. Would she try this if there was a half-dozen of them ready to back Ace up? :-?
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

badwolf

Post by badwolf »

Raamyah wrote:
badwolf wrote:Just noticed it in this one....he's towering over Nina, who used to be a lot closer to him in height. Did becoming a girl cause a growth spurt? They usually have those before the boys do, as any unusually tall girl in middle school knows...
All that mass from Ace's magnificent breasts had to go somewhere.
I guess that's it....I miss those, too. Cartoon former-male or not, girly Ace was easy on the eyes!

ps - I love the look of outrage on Layla's face when he starts to call her a 'stuck-up bloodsucker,' too.... :))

Grundy Smash

Post by Grundy Smash »

It just hit me in the third panel, if Ace have a bandana he would look just like Ginei (who happens to be a werewolf himself) from Rosario Vampire,all is left is that he slap her butt and she punch him in the face.

Searcher
Skipper of the S.S.Shipper

Post by Searcher »

You know Ace has stood up to Layla in the past, it was only after threating to call the pound did he back down. Also the whole 'lots of girls' comment, he is a TEENAGE GUY, of course he assumes lots of girls want to kiss him. Heck, a lot of guys think alot of women want them, a small minority might be right, most are talking through their hats. Also Brooke, she was near by on Monday's update and since Nina is also in Wensday's update, I am betting that Brooke saw the whole thing and doesn't care. Or else she would have said to Layla "Just saying ..."

I throwing down my bets on Fire and Ice (never remember their names) was the ones who intrupted Brooke's and Ace's date 9if it was a date and not just Brooke being nice since he is a guy now) and that is who he is afraid of finding out Layla kissed him.
"Vegetarian: an old Iroquois word for Bad Hunter." Stolen from Azrael
“My books are like water, those of the great geniuses are wine. (Fortunately) everybody drinks water.” ~Samuel Langhorne Clemens
Robin Williams, a man who used his natural talents to make people smile, to laugh, to spread joy, to let everyone else feel alive; so no one else ever had to suffer as much as he has.

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

badwolf wrote:Cartoon former-male or not, girly Ace was easy on the eyes!
No doubt about that. I'll miss her.

Now, back to business: Didn't Maria immediately know what everyone was as soon as they stepped into the house for the sleepover? And just after that knew that Ace was a werewolf boy? She's *so* going to see through everything as soon as he hits the door. The fun will be when she plays along. At least long enough for Kade to show up and declare his love in front of everyone including the hot fiance she is starting to like.

And, yes, Ace will be the buttmonkey again. Until the next storyarc where Ace and Brooke date openly.
"There are four pillars of existence that support the very foundations of the universe: the speed of light in a vacuum, the Planck constant, Newtonian gravity, and the all-encompassing awesomeness of breasts." - Pauli Polsuo

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid." - Anonymous

mikbuster

Post by mikbuster »

Searcher wrote:You know Ace has stood up to Layla in the past, it was only after threating to call the pound did he back down. Also the whole 'lots of girls' comment, he is a TEENAGE GUY, of course he assumes lots of girls want to kiss him. Heck, a lot of guys think alot of women want them, a small minority might be right, most are talking through their hats. Also Brooke, she was near by on Monday's update and since Nina is also in Wensday's update, I am betting that Brooke saw the whole thing and doesn't care. Or else she would have said to Layla "Just saying ..."

I throwing down my bets on Fire and Ice (never remember their names) was the ones who intrupted Brooke's and Ace's date 9if it was a date and not just Brooke being nice since he is a guy now) and that is who he is afraid of finding out Layla kissed him.
I actually assumed the opposite =((
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
ADD is a double edged sword. Also the handle is a blade.

That one's easy: it's because it sounds disgusting. Society's got nothing to do with that. ~Gotoh

Searcher
Skipper of the S.S.Shipper

Post by Searcher »

Not me, the only women who don't want me, haven't met me yet! :D Of course, I am usually or some would say, almost always wrong but a positive attitude never hurts as you crash and burn. :-bd

Also an edit on my last post ... it should read ... Or else why would she ... I really need to remember to spell check and grammar check my work. #-o
"Vegetarian: an old Iroquois word for Bad Hunter." Stolen from Azrael
“My books are like water, those of the great geniuses are wine. (Fortunately) everybody drinks water.” ~Samuel Langhorne Clemens
Robin Williams, a man who used his natural talents to make people smile, to laugh, to spread joy, to let everyone else feel alive; so no one else ever had to suffer as much as he has.

MonCappy

Post by MonCappy »

Raamyah wrote:
badwolf wrote:Cartoon former-male or not, girly Ace was easy on the eyes!
No doubt about that. I'll miss her.

Now, back to business: Didn't Maria immediately know what everyone was as soon as they stepped into the house for the sleepover? And just after that knew that Ace was a werewolf boy? She's *so* going to see through everything as soon as he hits the door. The fun will be when she plays along. At least long enough for Kade to show up and declare his love in front of everyone including the hot fiance she is starting to like.

And, yes, Ace will be the buttmonkey again. Until the next storyarc where Ace and Brooke date openly.
I suspect that the buttmonkey status will transfer over to someone else. Ace seems a tad too assertive to retain his buttmonkey status. Also, do note that the authors had plenty of opportunity to write Ace changing back to male in the most embarrassing fashion imaginable during the dance and didn't go that route. When Ace did change back, it was at the expense of Kade.

Hmm, I wonder if this means the buttmonkey label transfered over with the curse when they kissed.
Early to rise and early to bed makes a man healthy and wealthy but socially dead.
http://moncappys.minitroopers.com

The Nick
<3 <3 Most Loved <3 <3

Post by The Nick »

Error of Logic wrote:Ugh,this was traumatic. Layla's such a horrible person... If only Brooke were nearby, then she could just whisper encouragement to Ace and he could leave. Or, if they decided not to become involved, he can leave anyway. I'd love to see Layla's expression if that were to happen. ^^
What would she whisper? "Way to stand up to her and kiss her. Just sayin'."
"Sometimes [Layla] is a bit discourteous."-David Johnston
"The usual incentive for peace is to not be at war."-Thor
"that's actually one of thor's lines you've got in your signature there, not one of mine." -J (usually more invisible)
"Somebody just stake me now" -TJgalon
"I can masturbate without guilt now." -Panchocheesecake
"More Nick-sarcasm is always appreciated. Hail Beret Cat!" -Don Alexander
"...get that girl's panties off of her as soon as possible, and then see what effect that has on her personality." -kitsune9tails (out of context)
"special flowers" -Thor
"Doggy style." -Milnoc
"Wanted: ...berets on cats..." -The Nick

Hurbster

Post by Hurbster »

Hmmmm, curse of the ButtMonkey ? I can dig that :))
"We're only immortal for a limited time. " - Dreamline.

Random Wanderer

Post by Random Wanderer »

Searcher wrote:Also the whole 'lots of girls' comment, he is a TEENAGE GUY, of course he assumes lots of girls want to kiss him. Heck, a lot of guys think alot of women want them, a small minority might be right, most are talking through their hats.
It depends on the guy. Ace's mannerisms back when he was male before were more along the lines of the kind of teenage guy who believed no women would ever be interested in him. I can recognize the type: I used to be it.

Now, if his date with Brooke went off reasonably well despite whatever interruptions may have happened, he may have picked up a confidence boost; but that's something new, not an integral part of him yet.