Magick Chicks 21-10-11 A bad reason

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Error of Logic

Re: Magick Chicks 21-10-11 A bad reason

Post by Error of Logic »

Reading minds and seeding minds isn't necessarily the same thing, but I agree that she seems to believe she's a benevolent ruler, rather than a teenager with too much power and too little moral restraint...

As for Sandi: what does anyone expect? Gifted or not, she's a teen! She's at that school to learn to use her powers and abilities to their best effect! Gifted as she is, the people who did the snowjob on the coven's origin have years of experience on her.

Stonefoot

Post by Stonefoot »

An interesting thought: Mel and Faith are 'at war' for dominance of Artemis Academy, but (if I'm reading this right) they aren't really fighting the same war. Faith is popular because she's powerful. She isn't much for subtlety and political intrigue, if only because she doesn't need to be. Mel, as queen bee at Charybdis, was powerful because she was popular. That came from a combination of physical attractiveness and a mastery of high school politics. (This would explain why she tried to break up Layla and Kade, even though Layla showed no interest in being queen bee herself. Taking Kade away from Layla would have removed a smudge on her reputation as most popular.) Which finally leads back to where this started: Mel's bikini. As far as becoming and staying queen bee, the political intrigue is most important, but that's covert. The overt basis of her popularity was being the most attractive girl in the school. So that really skimpy bikini is a representation and assertion of her popularity.
A child of 5 could understand this. Fetch me a child of 5.
If you can get to 50 without growing up, you don't have to.
There are very few personal problems which can't be solved by a suitable application of high explosives.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

However, at Artemis academy, that tactic is likely to get her attention she doesn't care for. Like a randy Abbot.

Aquila89

Post by Aquila89 »

It's funny that actually Cerise is the only one who hasn't earned an invitation.

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Yeah. Cerise got her's through making what my DM would call her "Bulls#!t" roll. While Jacqui knocked the Sewing Esper the HELL out.
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Random Wanderer

Post by Random Wanderer »

Hey now, don't dismiss the value of a good BS roll. It can take some skill to pull those off, especially when one's DM insists on judging you not only based on character skill, but on what the player actually comes up with to say as part of the bluff.

But yes, Cerise probably has the least justification for being there.

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Yeah I don't do BS rolls. I do Intimidation, you know, where if you get a 20 the DM says "The demon just shat himself" :ymdevil:
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image