19-10-11 BOYS!

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Storm-forge mystique

Re: 19-10-11 BOYS!

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

You know, the more I think about it, the harder it is for me to imagine vampires see marriage as exclusive. Everyone's heard of the seven-year itch... where do you think you stand after a couple hundred, with your bodies no less fit than the day you met? Especially when you're a species of monster practically synonymous with hypersexuality...

The Nick
<3 <3 Most Loved <3 <3

Post by The Nick »

Aww, true love conquers all. Forever.
Zennistrad wrote:Heh, being ageless probably means having to see some pretty weird changes in culture.

As for the whole "youthful experimentation" thing, I sort of think lesbian experimentation would be weird for female vampires, because it just might involve some sort of blood...
Just because they're female vampires doesn't mean it would have to involve blood.

Oh, wait, female vampires...

Eww.
"Sometimes [Layla] is a bit discourteous."-David Johnston
"The usual incentive for peace is to not be at war."-Thor
"that's actually one of thor's lines you've got in your signature there, not one of mine." -J (usually more invisible)
"Somebody just stake me now" -TJgalon
"I can masturbate without guilt now." -Panchocheesecake
"More Nick-sarcasm is always appreciated. Hail Beret Cat!" -Don Alexander
"...get that girl's panties off of her as soon as possible, and then see what effect that has on her personality." -kitsune9tails (out of context)
"special flowers" -Thor
"Doggy style." -Milnoc
"Wanted: ...berets on cats..." -The Nick

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Storm-forge mystique wrote:You know, the more I think about it, the harder it is for me to imagine vampires see marriage as exclusive. Everyone's heard of the seven-year itch... where do you think you stand after a couple hundred, with your bodies no less fit than the day you met? Especially when you're a species of monster practically synonymous with hypersexuality...
Look at it this way: they already know someone who is willing to have sex with them, so doesn't need to be enthralled or seduced. This other person is as hypersexual as they are and can take whatever they dish out, is as ageless as they are, and presumably shares a lot of memories of 'the old days' with them. Married vampires might consider a fling now and then, but they have plenty of reasons not to drop their spouse unless the marriage has become a horribly hellish situation.

Stonefoot

Post by Stonefoot »

I think you're both right. A vampire couple would have plenty of reasons to stay together, but over such a long time that would also require an (at least somewhat) open relationship. The important thing would be no secrecy. They would need to be open about what they're doing and talk about any issues that come up. They might be completely monogamous for one century and something closer to best friends with benefits the next.
The Nick wrote: ...blood.

Eww.
Maybe, but I doubt they would see it that way. :ymdevil: Actually human attitudes toward that vary a lot anyway.
A child of 5 could understand this. Fetch me a child of 5.
If you can get to 50 without growing up, you don't have to.
There are very few personal problems which can't be solved by a suitable application of high explosives.

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Actually, for all we know they took sabbaticals from each other for decades at a time. After all we still don't know how old Eugene and Maria are. For all we know Eugene could be older then Methos.
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Gil Hamilton

Post by Gil Hamilton »

The Nick wrote:Just because they're female vampires doesn't mean it would have to involve blood.

Eww.
Sex and food are commonly intertwined, mate. ;)

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

The added benefit being, if a vampire feeds that way and just enthralls the victim to forget afterwards, there is no reason for anyone to suspect any skullduggery, so the chance of the vampire's hunting grounds suddenly filling up with stake-happy hunters diminishes to nigh zero.

theodoric476

Post by theodoric476 »

Such vampires do leave evidence behind, bite marks, anemia, possible witnesses, possibly bodies of vampires that hunters have kill and who is to say that some vampires killing their victims. There was actually less to go on in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries and there were vampire hunters. As I understand the myth of the vampire is still very much alive in part of south Eastern Europe. What keeps those myths alive?
Birds of a feather flock together,
And so will pigs and swine;
Rats and mice will have their choice,
And so will I have mine. Nursery Rhyme

I may disagree with you but I am pretty sure you are not a NAZI Jon Steward/ The Daily Show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiGmgqW6ES8 State Rep. Maureen Walsh (WA. 16th district. R)

We have no enemies, only opponents Ronald Reagan

What luck that men do not think. Adolf Hitler

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

*cough* I was referring to vampires who feed off, not to put too fine a point on it, menstrual blood. No opening of veins required, you see... Just enthrall and leave.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Random Wanderer

Post by Random Wanderer »

%-(

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Are we squicking boys out with period talk again? What perfect timing. :ymdevil:
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Searcher
Skipper of the S.S.Shipper

Post by Searcher »

%-( yes, yes they are and I really have bad timing on this thread, should known not to view it after the weekend :-s
"Vegetarian: an old Iroquois word for Bad Hunter." Stolen from Azrael
“My books are like water, those of the great geniuses are wine. (Fortunately) everybody drinks water.” ~Samuel Langhorne Clemens
Robin Williams, a man who used his natural talents to make people smile, to laugh, to spread joy, to let everyone else feel alive; so no one else ever had to suffer as much as he has.

The Nick
<3 <3 Most Loved <3 <3

Post by The Nick »

yiraheerai wrote:Are we squicking boys out with period talk again? What perfect timing. :ymdevil:
How is it perfect timing? Is there a time that's best for squicking out the boys with period talk?

Oh.

Eww.
"Sometimes [Layla] is a bit discourteous."-David Johnston
"The usual incentive for peace is to not be at war."-Thor
"that's actually one of thor's lines you've got in your signature there, not one of mine." -J (usually more invisible)
"Somebody just stake me now" -TJgalon
"I can masturbate without guilt now." -Panchocheesecake
"More Nick-sarcasm is always appreciated. Hail Beret Cat!" -Don Alexander
"...get that girl's panties off of her as soon as possible, and then see what effect that has on her personality." -kitsune9tails (out of context)
"special flowers" -Thor
"Doggy style." -Milnoc
"Wanted: ...berets on cats..." -The Nick

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

Eh, periods happen. There are a lot grosser things the human body can do.
Holder of the Elder Scepter of Ebilnes, Elected Supreme Ruler
"Who are you? I mean, you're me, but I'm me too. How can there be two 'me's? It's not scientifically possible. You are not scientifically possible!" -Twilight Sparkle, to her future self.
Yira wrote:Whatever, labels are stupid. ...Unless it's a label gun, then we're talking tons of fun. "Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! ...This is an awesome bar stool, but you can have it."

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

*opens box of feminine products and throws them the general direction of boys*
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins