09-06-10 Cross-shaped mirror

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

TakerFoxx

Re: 09-06-10 Cross-shaped mirror

Post by TakerFoxx »

Yeah, if vampires were immune to sunlight, I'm pretty sure at least one of them would have noticed by now.
Start running.

Please?

Paul
Location: Humble hewn-from-a-small-cliff living quarters deep in Mink Hollow

Post by Paul »

We need to drive a silver-tipped, hardened oak stake dipped in garlic paste made from holy water through the idea.

Panchocheesecake

Post by Panchocheesecake »

We'll see just that very soon.
In the sexy way!

Here's a webcomic I gave up on. You might like if you're into military and gaming stuff
http://situationalawareness.smackjeeves.com/

I do not like to eat waffles, so here's my youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/KristopherStoltz

Do you have a high level of confusion? I do, so here's my tumblr.
http://panchocheesecake.tumblr.com/

illhp

Post by illhp »

I stand corrected. Had another friend tell me my idea was ridiculous, as everyone knows Vampires sparkle in the sun :p

Same friend also hated the Wolfman, saying everyone knows Werewolves aren't killed by silver bullets.

Honestly where do they get these ideas?

Klyfix

Post by Klyfix »

illhp wrote:I stand corrected. Had another friend tell me my idea was ridiculous, as everyone knows Vampires sparkle in the sun :p

Same friend also hated the Wolfman, saying everyone knows Werewolves aren't killed by silver bullets.

Honestly where do they get these ideas?
Well....to be fair I have seen someplace (although I couldn't find it again and am too lazy to look for it now) the whole Silver kills Werewolves thing was introduced in The Wolfman (the original Lon Cheney Jr. film) and also the silver weapon has to be used by someone who loves the person (this is also used in the awful sequel to The Howling). Note that in An American Werewolf in London the werewolf dies by purely conventional weapons. Just as vampires are different, werewolves can be different.

Hmm, wait, that's kinda what you were saying. Oh well. :)
V. S. Greene : klyfix@aol.com : Boston, near Arkham...
Klyfix''s Journal Thingy
A rodent with mad skillz, uh, no.

mac2

Post by mac2 »

The advantage to a lot of these ways to kill supernatural creatures (steak throught the heart, beheading, fire, silver bullet or other silver weapon wow, that's a long list #:-s ) is that they work just as well on regular people.
Yes, it is as bad as you think, and they are out to get you

Everything is significant until proven otherwise.

illhp

Post by illhp »

My point was while there may be minor differences between some peoples versions of Werewolves and Vampies, some things really ought to be universal having been that way in folklore for hundreds of years. Having a vampire not be affected by sunlight and werewolves not affected by silver bullets, why that would be like a Vampire that didn't have to drink blood and ate Chocolate instead.

Oh wait someone's already doing that.....

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

unless i am mistaken, being killed by sunlight was something invented for the film nosferatu. though dracula did lose all his powers between dawn and dusk and found himself locked into whatever form he presently occupied. however, this occurred regardless of whether he was exposed to the sunlight at all or not.
Yet still, I live...

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

'J' wrote:unless i am mistaken, being killed by sunlight was something invented for the film nosferatu.
Yes, though there is some debate on whether it's even true there - some argue that the heroine's sacrifice is the important thing, not the sunlight. (I disagree - her sacrifice isn't, without the sunlight, and it's silly to have 'willing to sacrifice yourself' as the actual weapon.)
I swear I will, I'll make you smile.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.

David Johnston

Post by David Johnston »

If Tiffany is in fact a Frank, that might explain her mental problem. If she was only brought to life a few days ago while she may have been filled with knowledge and a fake past with imaginary parents to motivate her, she would have less actual life-experience than a toddler.