07-06-10 Slurp

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Adamas

Re: 07-06-10 Slurp

Post by Adamas »

Don Alexander wrote:
Stratburst wrote:Perhaps she's some kind of golem, and she only found out now? Crazy baseless speculation is fun! :D
Let's see...

Has blades?? Check!

Runs away? Check!!!

She's a BLADERUNNER!!!!

*runs from the BPA* (Bad Pun Artillery)
*Launches 145mm anti-pun cannon*

someone wrote: A German-speaking mandrake? She hasn't said anything in German yet!

Considering the link you forgot something, she's not a NAKED German mandrake :P
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

True_Avery

Post by True_Avery »

Hasn't it already been established that vampires can and -do- walk around during the day in the comic or am I missing something?

Bite, fast healing, the established fact that vampires put different tastes on blood (IE: She licked the blood and tasted strawberrys, meaning she is either not human or she somehow stabbed some strawberries), and so on makes me think she has or is at least beginning to become a vampire, or was not human from the start. That, or something really convoluted is about to happen.
Play Kindred Spirits on the Roof! Play Starlight Vega! Play Ladykiller in a Bind!

zoom

Post by zoom »

Tiffany says, " I do taste like strawberries", not just "I taste like strawberries", so somewhere earlier she has heard about something tasting like strawberries.
SIG229

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

She heard ebil-Nina make the strawberry comment when she was stashing the 'body'. And the school grounds have some kind of enchantment that protects the sun sensitive. Remember why Layla and Kade were at the beach under the moonlight.
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Well, she's not on school campus anymore, so its not the protection thingy... plus, Layla's other snacks didn't turn into vampires, so I doubt the just being bitten things turned her into one...soo.... Jury's still out on what she is.

Pickel Surprise

Post by Pickel Surprise »

I have a theory...

There's only blood on the tip of the sword, and I'm pretty sure there was never any more, even immediately after she got stabbed. Barring the explanation that this is censorship for the sake of maintaining the same audience, that means the bleeding must have stopped a split second after the initial wound. If this is true, it leads me to believe Tiffany has been something other than a human all along, and she just hasn't known about it.

Snowfoxx

Post by Snowfoxx »

So much for the revanant theory... pfft!
Support bacteria, it's the only culture some people have.

Kiggy

Post by Kiggy »

Is it me or is Tiffany not wearing p.... undies?
@-) b-(

b-( b-( b-(
A Jersey Devil, a Mothman, and a Chupacabra walk into a bar. . .

IS_Wolf

Post by IS_Wolf »

Ravenhull wrote:Or, maybe her clan got the bright idea to set it up that the swords can't actually harm their wielder, and the ghost part was her 'overreacting'. Doesn't explain 'strawberry' yet, though. :-? :))
Another issue is, ebil-Nina tasted blood straight from the wound, and not from the blade like Tiffany is doing. Makes it less likely that the blade is somehow responsible for all of this, enchanted or not.
Kiggy wrote:Is it me or is Tiffany not wearing p.... undies?
@-) b-(

b-( b-( b-(
Could be low riding ones. *shrugs*

---
Side note. Most vampire lore dealing with siring by vamps involves the subject ingesting blood from their Sire. Thus also tying them to their Master and subjecting them to his/her will. Doesn't seem to apply to Tiffany, making the whole vamp thing even less likely.

Golem is most likely.. As for what she's exactly made of..
Sugar and spice and everything nice, and strawberries are kinda nice. :D

Cassius_Draken

Post by Cassius_Draken »

Maybe is not enough with the bite to become a vampire; maybe the vampire must kill you with the bite and/or the drain of blood to transform you in a vampire. I think Tiffany "died" when Layla bited her, and now she is in process of becoming a vampire. She is already dead, so she can´t die for the blade in her stomach, but she is not fully a vampire, so the sunlight doesn´t burn her... for a while.

About the taste of strawberry, the blood never taste as blood for a vampire. In every story of vampires that I have read, always taste as good wine, honey... a nice flavour :D

WCRI

Post by WCRI »

First off, point blank. The turning of, into a vampire has been successfully dissputed already. So, sorry, but we can say with near certainty she's not a Vampire, nor is she likely turning into a vampire. Also, as much as I like the golem theory, there are some holes (no pun intended) in that train of thought... largest among them is that Tiffs here no longer has any kind of wound. Its gone, vanished, 'not. there.' A golem, while not likely to feel pain, or be deterred by a wound of that nature, would nontheless still have that wound. She doesn't. A bio-golem may have the ability to heal, but I seriously doubt if its that fast. The other part is... Tiffinay obviously has a soul, as depicted by having a dis-embodied spirit floating around while her body was in shock. Though its not totally impossible, anyone desperate enough to make a bio-golem to house the departed spirit of what have you relative, isn't going to train them to be invincible hunters of the d4mn3d. Or, you know, let them out of their sights, much. Then there's the sword theory. Unless they have a high level sorcerer(ess) in their family/clan (was it ever scriptually established its a clan, and not simply a/the family?) I seriously doubt the sword could be enchanted to only hurt some, and not others. Though, so help me if its revealed that the swords she took were "Jam" swords... That aside... frankly speaking, so far, all theories suggested don't fit. No enchanted blade(s), no sirring of vampires, or creations of golems, bio or not.

Though, the replicant theory, while of another genre, may hold some credance, I dread given it credit as such would mean that this is no longer horror fantasy but Sci-Fi horror fantasy.

Okay, all that said, yeah, Tiffinay definately has a nice body. Though, I liked her with her hair down, and you know, without her eyemask. Though the eyemask did make her look innocently cute when she was looking curious. Heh, she also was wearing a pink bikini top as her bra... heh. And I'm almost certain we got a sliver of a panty shot in the last arc right around the time she fell on her blade, so most likely she's wearing something as a pair of undies. Espeically since thats a short skirt she's in. Maybe the bottom to the bikini the bra piece belongs to?
Oh, Tiff. Got a body that don't quit and a brain that won't start. By AbstractVagabond
You know, for a major magical watchamacallit-thingy as powerful as this one, it's remarkably easy to activate. Just point and click. By duneshdw

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

Day Walker!
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

CaliforniaDave

Post by CaliforniaDave »

Adamas wrote:
Don Alexander wrote:
Stratburst wrote:Perhaps she's some kind of golem, and she only found out now? Crazy baseless speculation is fun! :D
Let's see...

Has blades?? Check!

Runs away? Check!!!

She's a BLADERUNNER!!!!

It will take more than that...because the pun is mightier than the sword.

duneshdw
Location: In constant search of a witty thing to place in this box. Also, Wisconsin.

Post by duneshdw »

CaliforniaDave wrote:
Adamas wrote:
Don Alexander wrote: Let's see...

Has blades?? Check!

Runs away? Check!!!

She's a BLADERUNNER!!!!

It will take more than that...because the pun is mightier than the sword.
No, you must be sent to the Hall of Pun-ishment, there you will decide your own fate by choosing between the lesser of the two weevils that dwell within.

Ow, I hurt myself with that one. b-(
Last edited by duneshdw on Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Kiggy wrote:Is it me or is Tiffany not wearing p.... undies?
@-) b-(

b-( b-( b-(

I just figured she was wearing tights or leggings or whatever you want to call them.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.