Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Giz
Site Admin

Magick Chicks 16-09-11 This kind of power

Post by Giz »

emo samurai

Re: Magick Chicks 16-09-11 This kind of power

Post by emo samurai »

Melissa will kick her ass for a while, then pass out. The match will go to Faith, but Melissa will win in the public eye.

Panchocheesecake

Post by Panchocheesecake »

Game, set, match?
In the sexy way!

Here's a webcomic I gave up on. You might like if you're into military and gaming stuff
http://situationalawareness.smackjeeves.com/

I do not like to eat waffles, so here's my youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/KristopherStoltz

Do you have a high level of confusion? I do, so here's my tumblr.
http://panchocheesecake.tumblr.com/

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Is Faith actually concerned about Melissa there?
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Count de Money

Post by Count de Money »

Wow, I think I saw genuine concern on Faith's spectral form's face in Panel 3. I didn't know she was capable of such an expression.

My prediction from the last strip may be coming true! Magical Maid Melissa to the rescue!
Last edited by Count de Money on Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Tall and dark and really handsome ... the hunk from Oo-Oo-Nima's real dumb ... And when he strolls, each one he strolls by goes, 'BLEAAAAAAH!'"
-- Dot Warner

sylentknight

Post by sylentknight »

Mel's caught in the middle of what appears to be a magical maelstrom. Now Faith seems to be caring which is really going to screw up our combined dislike. I don't expect my villains to be black and white but I don't want to be confused either.
I hope this doesn't turn into a episode of Lost. :))
I do so relish these times of peril.
- Sheen from Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius

Munroe

Post by Munroe »

Artemisia wrote:Is Faith actually concerned about Melissa there?
Yeah, I was like "Wow, she actually sounds a little worried there." Maybe, just maybe, she's not a total jerk after all.

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Of course Faith is concerned... It's not as fun to molest somebody who's out for the count... :ymdevil:

I do love Faith's reason about how Mel doesn't normally have this kind of power. But the truth is, Faith might actually care about the other girls in the school... in her own selfish way...
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Searcher
Skipper of the S.S.Shipper

Post by Searcher »

Alright Mel way to fight back :-bd :-bd

Too bad you won't remember aby of it but boy it looksed good.

Faith?? Show compassion?? Nope, no way, uh-hu, never, negitory, not in a NY minute, no way Jose ... :-\ maybe??? Although, for the record, she is more worried about being beaten then Mel. [-(
"Vegetarian: an old Iroquois word for Bad Hunter." Stolen from Azrael
“My books are like water, those of the great geniuses are wine. (Fortunately) everybody drinks water.” ~Samuel Langhorne Clemens
Robin Williams, a man who used his natural talents to make people smile, to laugh, to spread joy, to let everyone else feel alive; so no one else ever had to suffer as much as he has.

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

That's what I was thinking. She's got a real worried look there in the third panel.

This is definitely interesting!

Edit: So... many... posts between mine and Artie's... ;____;
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

I think Faith sees herself like a benign Empress... one must make sure one's subjects are okay... as long as they don't bow to one's greatness.
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Searcher
Skipper of the S.S.Shipper

Post by Searcher »

^^^ That I agree with ... must make the little people feel as if she cares or they start revolting then it just work work.
"Vegetarian: an old Iroquois word for Bad Hunter." Stolen from Azrael
“My books are like water, those of the great geniuses are wine. (Fortunately) everybody drinks water.” ~Samuel Langhorne Clemens
Robin Williams, a man who used his natural talents to make people smile, to laugh, to spread joy, to let everyone else feel alive; so no one else ever had to suffer as much as he has.

Random Wanderer

Post by Random Wanderer »

...Wow. The "are you all right" along with the expression on Faith's spirit-form's face changes everything!

I'm actually serious. That looks like real concern, something I wouldn't have thought she could actually feel towards people.

That blast she just took can't be good for her, though. It depends heavily on the rules of the universe, but in several cases, injuries to the spirit can have very unpleasant effects.

What's disturbing me here is that Melissa doesn't even seem to be conscious. The magic is just rioting around her on its own, apparently undirected, and it's still strong enough that Faith's defenses are taking a beating. What it would do if it were being deliberately directed... well, I suspect people would die.

EDIT: Damn, you people post fast!

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

Yep. Faith is concerned, and that face in panel 3 just made my heart skip. :x

So Faith will be knocked down, Melissa will be changed into MMM, and when Faith looks up, she will fall in love. :ymdevil:
"There are four pillars of existence that support the very foundations of the universe: the speed of light in a vacuum, the Planck constant, Newtonian gravity, and the all-encompassing awesomeness of breasts." - Pauli Polsuo

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid." - Anonymous

Fen
Chaotic Neutral

Post by Fen »

Munroe wrote:
Artemisia wrote:Is Faith actually concerned about Melissa there?
Yeah, I was like "Wow, she actually sounds a little worried there." Maybe, just maybe, she's not a total jerk after all.
If you see someone passed out and bleeding on the floor, you go ask if they're ok. That doesn't make you less of a jerk, it's common sense. This looks like the esper equivalent of that situation.
One day I'm gonna lose the war.