26-04-10 Smash it!

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

rild

Re: 26-04-10 Smash it!

Post by rild »

IS_Wolf wrote:
mysecretidentity wrote:
I have barely watched more than a few minutes' worth of "Ugly Americans", and it's still enough to make me wonder if Brooke isn't noticing something... wrong about Chloe's anatomy. :-o
Maybe she's a futa? :p
Well most portrayals of Succubi show them as bisexual and able to change their form to suit the job, so.....

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Considering that she's simply blushing, and her eyes are still in her head, I think it's more 'Holy Cow, they're huge! And Nice!" than squick.
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

albert.aribaud

Post by albert.aribaud »

rild wrote:Well most portrayals of Succubi show them as bisexual and able to change their form to suit the job, so.....
This is surprising to me, as one of the first things learned, and most commonly known, about succubi is th existence of incubi; this dichotomy basically dictates that succubi are female and incubi are male, and both are heterosexual. I'm not implying that there shouldn't be exceptions; I'm implying that Succubi are supposed to be unisexual, female, and attract males, so I'd expect portrayals to follow this guideline more often than not.
Albert -- would you like to read EC, MC, and DC at least one week late and in French?

Panchocheesecake

Post by Panchocheesecake »

I love how innocent Tiffany looks n the 3rd panel btw, so cute yet eerie.
In the sexy way!

Here's a webcomic I gave up on. You might like if you're into military and gaming stuff
http://situationalawareness.smackjeeves.com/

I do not like to eat waffles, so here's my youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/KristopherStoltz

Do you have a high level of confusion? I do, so here's my tumblr.
http://panchocheesecake.tumblr.com/

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

albert.aribaud wrote:
rild wrote:Well most portrayals of Succubi show them as bisexual and able to change their form to suit the job, so.....
This is surprising to me, as one of the first things learned, and most commonly known, about succubi is th existence of incubi; this dichotomy basically dictates that succubi are female and incubi are male, and both are heterosexual. I'm not implying that there shouldn't be exceptions; I'm implying that Succubi are supposed to be unisexual, female, and attract males, so I'd expect portrayals to follow this guideline more often than not.
my understanding was that they were actually the same demon that changes forms based on it's target. ie it is a female succubus when it's having sex with a sleeping man, then it changes into a male incubus so it can use that semen to impregnate a sleeping woman.

i assume this is not how things work in ec.
Yet still, I live...

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

This is probably another case of 5 different sources that give 7 different stories... We are talking about mythical creatures here.
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

rild

Post by rild »

Ravenhull wrote:This is probably another case of 5 different sources that give 7 different stories... We are talking about mythical creatures here.
Of course. the world's vampire legends are a perfect example. some cultures have vampire stories that would make most people soil their their underware. http://www.cracked.com/article/128_7-va ... -twilight/

IS_Wolf

Post by IS_Wolf »

Ravenhull wrote:Considering that she's simply blushing, and her eyes are still in her head, I think it's more 'Holy Cow, it's huge! And Nice!"
There fixed it for you. :p

TakerFoxx

Post by TakerFoxx »

Wait, what do you...

...oh...

...oh God.

KILL THE IMAGE! KILL IT WITH FIRE!
Start running.

Please?

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

No, some portrayals of Succubi and Incubi have this feature, but by no means 'most'. Very few fictional versions go with that (in fact, I can think of none, but I certainly don't deny that some I'm unfamiliar with do), and it's not particularly consistent in legends, either. The belief did exist, and was referenced in the Malleus Malefacarum, but it's a relatively late addition to the mythology, as, it was an explanation for the belief that women could be impregnated by Incubi, given the late forming belief that demons were, by nature, infertile.
I swear I will, I'll make you smile.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.

rild

Post by rild »

Kamino Neko wrote:
No, some portrayals of Succubi and Incubi have this feature, but by no means 'most'. Very few fictional versions go with that (in fact, I can think of none, but I certainly don't deny that some I'm unfamiliar with do), and it's not particularly consistent in legends, either. The belief did exist, and was referenced in the Malleus Malefacarum, but it's a relatively late addition to the mythology, as, it was an explanation for the belief that women could be impregnated by Incubi, given the late forming belief that demons were, by nature, infertile.
You probably right, but it doesn't really matter. Vampires these days sparkle in the sunlight.

someone

Post by someone »

Sparkling vampires suck. 8-}

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Kamino Neko wrote:

Of course Merlin was supposedly sired by an Incubus. Just something I always found funny. 8-}
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

Adamas wrote:Just something I always found funny. 8-}
Oh, why's that?

(Also, I'm amused that this is the second time we've had this debate on whether succubi and incubi are the same thing - this one is a lot more pleasant, though.)
I swear I will, I'll make you smile.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.

rild

Post by rild »

Kamino Neko wrote:
Adamas wrote:Just something I always found funny. 8-}
Oh, why's that?

(Also, I'm amused that this is the second time we've had this debate on whether succubi and incubi are the same thing - this one is a lot more pleasant, though.)
I thought that the last one was whether Chloe's powers worked on females and if the powers were based on sexual orientation or biology?

it's not that serious anyway. I think death by succubi snoo-snoo would be the best kind of snoo snoo induced death. That's as far as my serious thought goes lol.