Almost, but not quite, entirely unlike EC

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

albert.aribaud

Almost, but not quite, entirely unlike EC

Post by albert.aribaud »

Sorry for the rambling, but I had to say it : I just saw trailers for the movie Kick Ass, which promises both not to be one of the twelve best movies of this century and to be fun to see -- go and watch the trailers on Youtube for yourself, just be aware that 'there will be blood'.

Yes, I know, not related at all to EC.

Except of you consider that one of the characters, Mindy MacReady aka Hit Girl:
  • is in her early teens...
  • ...sports purple hair (admittedly a wig)...
  • ...is played by miss Chloe Moretz...
  • ...who is going to play a teen vampire in "Let me In", the coming remake of "Le the Right One In"...
  • ... not to mention the disturbing feelings caused by Hit Girl's strong ambiguous undertones of adultness in both language and actions.
I will hastily add that the original "Let the Right One In" (swedish movie, ye be warned) is very classical as regards the vampire lore (for instance, those who don't care about spoilers can google to find an extract of the movie which lets you discover, at last, what happens when a vampire enters someone's home uninvited), but takes a really different view of vampires -- not your shiny sexy blodsucker, but a much darker, and human, being (the story revolves around the friendship between the teen vampire girl and a teen mortal boy). "Let me In" should retain this originality and take an even darker and less glamorous view.

And lest anyone discovers this too late: neither "Let the Right one in" or "Kick Ass" are intended for young audiences. (and you can safely assume same for "Let me in" when it's out) -- which is why I did not include any URLs in this post, so that no one can accidentally be exposed to something they would not feel comfortable with.

We now return control of your television set to you, until next week at this same time when the Control voice will take you to The Outer Limits.
Albert -- would you like to read EC, MC, and DC at least one week late and in French?

zoom

Re: Almost, but not quite, entirely unlike EC

Post by zoom »

From what I've seen of the Kick Ass previews, it's fairly faithful to the original comic.
SIG229