28-03-11 not what you think!

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Cassius_Draken

Re: 28-03-11 not what you think!

Post by Cassius_Draken »

Stu d'Apples wrote:One thing i've don;t understand about these forums is why people take characters' behaviour so personally. Yes Nina's reaction would be out of order in the real world but this is a comic it's not real.
People loves speculation :D

Aquila89

Post by Aquila89 »

As noted previously, Nina is somewhat prone to mood swings. She slapped Ace for giving her cooties, but she wanted to hang out with him right afterwards. She was upset with Kade for "stealing her first kiss", but she got a crush on him not long after. She was scared of Brooke after hearing about Skittles, but she forgot it next morning, welcoming her cheerfully. So it's entirely possible, that a few strips later, she'll be happy that Layla and Brooke are getting together (even if they aren't).
Last edited by Aquila89 on Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

badwolf

Post by badwolf »

Well! That went....rather badly, didn't it?

Guess the combination of baring part of Brooke's torso, biting her, and then practicing kissing in the "privacy" of a school corridor wasn't such a great idea, huh? Who'd'a thunk it? 8-|

Now, the damage control...and for our would-be alpha girls, exploitation of the disaster. If they can't put themselves in charge after all THIS has fallen in their laps, they really ARE hopeless! $-)

Cassius_Draken

Post by Cassius_Draken »

Until Brooke crushes them beneath her coils and Layla sucks all their blood :ymdevil: They are facing the most dangerous girls in the school, and despite their differences, Layla and Brooke make a good team when they fight a common enemy

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Aquila89 wrote:As noted previously, Nina is somewhat prone to mood swings. She slapped Ace for giving her cooties, but she wanted to hang out with him right aftterwards. She was upset with Kade for "stealing her first kiss", but she got a crush on him not long after. She was scared of Brooke after hearing about Skittles, but she forgot it next morning, welcoming her cheerfully. So it's entirely possible, that a few strips later, she'll be happy that Layla and Brooke are getting together (even if they aren't).
I blame it on the sugar. I mean, all she eats is chocolate after all.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Lindadori

Post by Lindadori »

Sisyphus wrote:Or Brooke could just have no clue what to say. She's caught totally unaware, so she just sorta blurts something out. Doesn't mean she can't lie, just that she can't necessarily improvise in a stressful ... and compromising ... situation.
That's what I was thinking, actually. Sorry, I'm not a native speaker, sometimes I'm not able to express myself. I meant Brooke doesn't seem used to lie, so she isn't able to come up quickly with a lie when she's in trouble and that shows that she's an honest person. Of course she could lie, if she wanted and if she had the time to think something appropriate, she just needs more 'training'.
Ah, Italy enslaved, abode of misery,/ pilotless ship in a fierce tempest tossed,/ no mistress over provinces but a harlot! (Dante)

Aquila89

Post by Aquila89 »

Which is interesting, since EC vampires eat normal food, like pizza. But Nina did say that she eats nothing but chocolate.

By the way, I don't exactly understand what Cess and Laura plan to do with their "evidence". I thought they only cared if Layla's attracted to girls or not because they can distract her with Chloe if she is.

RoninAngel

Post by RoninAngel »

I think everyone should try and remember that just becuase Nina is afraid of Brook and Layla kissing that doesn't make her a bad person. It just makes her ignorant. Once everything is explained to her, I'm sure she'll be very nice about it.
"LIFE is dangerous, Sandi! EMBRACE LIFE!"
Faith Abbot, to Sandi on Magic Chicks.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

I've never thought that Nina was bad. I think she's feeling shocked and confused. After all, Layla has always had a boyfriend, so it must be shocking for Nina to come along and see that. . .

I do have to wonder something, though- what are the other eleven Delacroix siblings like?

Quote removed. The DAMNed
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Cassius_Draken

Post by Cassius_Draken »

Aquila89 wrote: By the way, I don't exactly understand what Cess and Laura plan to do with their "evidence". I thought they only cared if Layla's attracted to girls or not because they can distract her with Chloe if she is.
I think the same. What are their intentions? Show the video to all the students and say "ey look, Layla is a lesbian, and her sister corroborartes it"? Layla´s reputation is based on fear and cold attitude; she has super-strenght and super-agility, she can bite your neck and use hypnosis, and be a lesbian doesn´t change that fact. That kind of blackmail can hurt Brooke due to her sexual insecurity, but not Layla.

About vampires and pizza... I have seen Ace, Brooke and Chloe eating pizza in the slumber party chapter, but not Nina nor Layla. I haven´t seen Nina or Layla eating anything solid in EC (except for Nina´s chocolate bunnies)

vp21ct

Post by vp21ct »

I think that this is a case of our would be conspirators thinking they've latched onto something, and heading at it full tilt without even considering just what it is they've got.

Aquila89

Post by Aquila89 »

In the strip I cited, you can see a crust on the plate in front of Layla. I would guess she ate the rest.

Missie

Post by Missie »

Has Nina been home schooled up to this point or something? Has she been isolated from all other children until this school year started?

This isn't specifically about her reaction to seeing her friend kissing her sister. This is about her reactions to pretty much everything. She acts like she's never been exposed to ANYTHING, ever. For a 14-year-old, it's really weird. Her personality strikes me as more of someone in the 5-8 range, nowhere near 14. She seems like she has absolutely no business in high school.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Age does not equal maturity, unfortunately. At 36, I tend to be a lot closer to, say, Brooke or Chloe in emotional age and maturity. Given that she did go to elementary school, she is educated enough to go to high school. I do have to say that, if it weren't for her sister Layla, she would have been eaten alive at that school long before now. I think she has something of a cracked personality, though. she seems to go back and forth between being very responsible and almost too mature to being very immature and it seems to be like there's a war in her nature.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Thor

Post by Thor »

Missie wrote:Has Nina been home schooled up to this point or something? Has she been isolated from all other children until this school year started?

This isn't specifically about her reaction to seeing her friend kissing her sister. This is about her reactions to pretty much everything. She acts like she's never been exposed to ANYTHING, ever. For a 14-year-old, it's really weird. Her personality strikes me as more of someone in the 5-8 range, nowhere near 14. She seems like she has absolutely no business in high school.
I think you've about summed her up there. It's like she's been locked in the nursery until now. What people are calling cuteness and innocence looks more like some kind of developmental disorder. Chloe is sheltered and naïve, but she seems worldly and streetwise next to Nina.
PLEASE NOTE: I have sig display off in my preferences, so please don't assume that I can read yours. Thank you.