Magick Chicks 26-08-11 The student body

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

MonCappy

Re: Magick Chicks 26-08-11 The student body

Post by MonCappy »

Artemisia wrote:What's bad is I now feel like I need to keep watching....it's worse than the Borg :p
I ended up watching the first two episodes because of that insidious link. At this rate, I'll end up becoming Bronified. I don't want to become a Bronie, but if I keep watching episodes, I'll get sucked in.
Early to rise and early to bed makes a man healthy and wealthy but socially dead.
http://moncappys.minitroopers.com

Random Wanderer

Post by Random Wanderer »

I am up to episode ten. Show is surprisingly decent, for an animated series that isn't in Japanese. ;) However, I do find myself skipping some of the more aesop and cliche-heavy parts, simply because I know how they're going to go. In its most basic form it is still a children's show (yes, yes, it has content meant to appeal to an older demographic as well, but it has to be understandable by children), and I've seen many of those. I know when certain things are going to happen, when certain phrases are going to be said, when certain ponies are going to behave in certain ways for the sake of delivering the lesson. And some of that I simply don't want to see. I try not to jump more than a few seconds at a time, so don't flay me alive here, pony-fans. There's good stuff in this show, but also some stuff that I just don't care to see again in any form, so I try to skip the latter while catching the former. I'm liking it so far.

Twilight makes a better impression over the course of the series than she did in the first two episodes.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

I'd advise you not to skip any Aesop you think Rainbow Dash is about to deliver...she tends to subvert things in humorous ways. But I can certainly understand, Twilight's friendship reports can get pretty bad.
Holder of the Elder Scepter of Ebilnes, Elected Supreme Ruler
"Who are you? I mean, you're me, but I'm me too. How can there be two 'me's? It's not scientifically possible. You are not scientifically possible!" -Twilight Sparkle, to her future self.
Yira wrote:Whatever, labels are stupid. ...Unless it's a label gun, then we're talking tons of fun. "Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! ...This is an awesome bar stool, but you can have it."

Random Wanderer

Someone needs to suffer for getting this Winter Wrap Up song stuck in my head. I shall have revenge! ...As soon as I finish rewatching it one more time...

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

Winter wrap up, the singing telegram, the pony pokey...these are things that will be forever burned into your mind...
"Who are you? I mean, you're me, but I'm me too. How can there be two 'me's? It's not scientifically possible. You are not scientifically possible!" -Twilight Sparkle, to her future self.
Yira wrote:Whatever, labels are stupid. ...Unless it's a label gun, then we're talking tons of fun. "Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! ...This is an awesome bar stool, but you can have it."

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

I loved Fluttershy singing Pinky's song in Bridle Gossip
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

Knew I was missing one...thanks. *Involuntarily humming the tune now*

milk experiment

Post by milk experiment »

Dave said that the pony expies would persist until "you love ponies as much as we do." Based on some of the recent posts in this thread, he must be twirling an imaginary villain mustache and chuckling to himself. Your evil plan worked, Dave. ;)

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

Not working on me, yet.
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

Count de Money

Post by Count de Money »

"Tall and dark and really handsome ... the hunk from Oo-Oo-Nima's real dumb ... And when he strolls, each one he strolls by goes, 'BLEAAAAAAH!'"
-- Dot Warner

Searcher
Skipper of the S.S.Shipper

Post by Searcher »

Just a FYI ... September 17th on hub at 900 am :D
And yes DavidZero1 is evil sooooooooo evil :ymdevil: and I will get my revenge ... my sweet revenge :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: right after season two is over :ymblushing:

Ok, so back to the strip. Now that Faith has flaunted her 'populatriy' in front of Sandi ... again ( on a side note I almost feel sorry for Sandi ... almost) ... I wonder if someone also might be upset by this relevation. Some of us think that this fight between Mel ( #-o still can't believe I am a Mel fan now) and the Sith Lord is preamture, maybe someone else might step in and be a ummmmm bit more vocal about the Evil One's choice in her extracurricular activities.

Remmeber I am still leading the board with Zero right and 10000 wrong so who you going trust :))
"Vegetarian: an old Iroquois word for Bad Hunter." Stolen from Azrael
“My books are like water, those of the great geniuses are wine. (Fortunately) everybody drinks water.” ~Samuel Langhorne Clemens
Robin Williams, a man who used his natural talents to make people smile, to laugh, to spread joy, to let everyone else feel alive; so no one else ever had to suffer as much as he has.

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

I counter your love and tolerance with this
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

Random Wanderer

Searcher wrote:( #-o still can't believe I am a Mel fan now)
While I think she's a lesser evil, I also think Mel's personality is even less-likable than Faith's. Of course, these days I like Cerise even less. But even if Mel is supposed to be a protagonist, I don't like her.

Rrrg. There are a lot of girls who need to get some karmic comeuppance, and nowhere near enough "good" girls to do it to them.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

Who ever sId that you were supposed to like the protagonists?
Searcher wrote:Some of us think that this fight between Mel ( #-o still can't believe I am a Mel fan now) and the Sith Lord is preamture, maybe someone else might step in and be a ummmmm bit more vocal about the Evil One's choice in her extracurricular activities.
The fight's not premature, but victory is. Having Faith curbstomp Mel would move the story along quite nicely and reinforce her position as a threatening vilian.
Yet still, I live...

Random Wanderer

'J' wrote:Who ever sId that you were supposed to like the protagonists?
It's usually helpful in keeping people reading the story, although it's true that it isn't always required.
I'd advise you not to skip any Aesop you think Rainbow Dash is about to deliver...she tends to subvert things in humorous ways.
Rainbow Dash can get on my nerves sometimes (usually when she's being too openly prideful) but when she's not doing that she's one of my favorite ponies.