Dangerously Chloe 10-12-18 Chapter 23 Penultimatum

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Starphoenix

Re: Dangerously Chloe 10-12-18 Chapter 23 Penultimatum

Post by Starphoenix »

Gotoh wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:26 pm
I'd want it to expand on certain elements of the EC/MC-verse, like maybe having the angels play a part in keeping the public safe and unaware of the cryptids' existence. Make the angels competent, while still allowing for their quirks (like Tiff) and maybe explain how DC's version of Heaven feels about Artemis and Hecate, since they're pagan goddesses.

But I'd still want DC to have its own identity for the most part, by focusing on Chloe and Teddy living together and gradually developing feelings for each other, without Teddy's sexcapades with half the neighborhood. I like comedy and wacky hijinks, but I'm more interested in seeing the plot move forward, instead of dragging its feet.

Making Teddy a bit more level-headed would help too. I don't expect him to measure up to EC/MC standards (see: Layla, Ace, Brooke, Faith, etc.), but I feel some modicum of common sense isn't too much to ask for.
Also this. Making the Angels incompetent stretches my suspension of disbelief for a working universe. Sure, you can have some of the trainees running around and being screwy, but making them all out of their depths compared to the demons just seems lopsided to me.

I am also a fan of a more logical Teddy, as that would evade some of the cliches that these Magical Girlfriend stories seem to cultivate. It's nice when the male lead isn't either a luckless idiot or an indecisive doormat.
brasca wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:48 pm
Having more characters keeps the story fresh once the main characters have done everything... and everyone. Charity’s “awakening” would certainly keep me awake. ;)
I suppose this is where our tastes differ. I think that a story can be kept fresh with a small cast, if said cast is multi varied enough to be interesting. A large cast will run into problems with giving everyone character and runs the risk of treating a good portion of them as caricatures (unless this is a long running story, in which it's possible everyone gets enough screen time to get development).
Pretty much here for the ****posting.

Last Dangerously Chloe Comic Read: 09/18/17

brasca

Re: Dangerously Chloe 10-12-18 Chapter 23 Penultimatum

Post by brasca »

I'm not sure if Charity will have to say anything to Prudence. I have a feeling she will walk away bewildered and then remember what Naomi said about Teddy creating multiple copies of himself and think a floozy version of Charity was created.

As for the title of this chapter I think it's going to involve Ilsa delivering an ultimatum to Chloe that she will return to Earth and lose her virginity as well as reclaim Teddy's soul or alternatively she'll demand Teddy sign a new pact if he wants to see his sister again.