Magic Chicks 01-09-15 Prez

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Spidrift

Re: Magic Chicks 01-09-15 Prez

Post by Spidrift »

Well, I can think of at least one ninja who may be slightly less kindly disposed to Cerise than to Faith...
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

dragondeathlord

Post by dragondeathlord »

Faith
Gotoh wrote:But even with that aside, I don't see where Faith should have much of a problem running against Mel. After all, she's the one that's been safeguarding the school for how long now...? And since I presume Dark Mel is the one who'll be returning to Charybdis, I shudder to think what that's gonna mean for Layla, given how much she used to antagonize her before the split.
A lot of Faith Lovers Are about to find out they were mind controlled to Love Faith...http://www.magickchicks.com/strips-mc/even_her_enemies

Some of those girls wear originally straight.. And it might of been by accident but most will see it as rape.. I would.
Telepath Surrounded by a harem.. Kind of Obvious now but no one will ever trust her again.

Faith going to find herself a bit Like the girl from Firestarter movie.
Some of the girl that wear gay are going to wonder if there mind controled and the teachers now on to it are going to Dampen that power that Affected them to.

She be treated as a Monster basically a Cryptic and We KNOW How Artemis Academy Teaches there students to treat monsters. Manny that are going to be quick to scream RAPE!

Going to Charybdis might be Faith only chance to save her ass. She good but against a school? Even if she survives her life will be Hell.
She about to find out Love turns to hate Quick...

Whats the old saying "You Become What you Hate "
I decided to put this in my signature to save time explaining. My eyes are not the best and though I often use and depend on speech recognition software that is not 100%. And I do not always use it to type as it is aggravating. So I typing blind folded half the time or squinting. And the Ease of Access magnifier a pain, some times literally to use. So my typing sucks hard boiled Ostridge eggs through a ten foot straw. So to those that got to deal with it my sincere apologies.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

dragondeathlord wrote:
A lot of Faith Lovers Are about to find out they were mind controlled to Love Faith...http://www.magickchicks.com/strips-mc/even_her_enemies

Some of those girls wear originally straight.. And it might of been by accident but most will see it as rape.. I would.
Telepath Surrounded by a harem.. Kind of Obvious now but no one will ever trust her again.
Pretty much and Mel could easily point this out if Faith runs against her.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Gotoh wrote:Mel's line about saving the school could just as easily be turned back on her, considering she's letting the girl who jeopardized it literally get away with 9 counts of attempted murder. I get that cryptid morality isn't the same as ours, but I can't believe Mel's just letting her off scot-free.
As you said, witches (cryptids) live by different rules. For all anyone knows, that explosive fight they just had was little more than a tiff between friends (which it really seems to be,considering the outcome).

Should Cerise be punished? Sure, of course! Will she? Probably not. By witches standards, it was probably no big deal.
But even with that aside, I don't see where Faith should have much of a problem running against Mel. After all, she's the one that's been safeguarding the school for how long now...? And since I presume Dark Mel is the one who'll be returning to Charybdis, I shudder to think what that's gonna mean for Layla, given how much she used to antagonize her before the split.
But what has Faith been protecting the school from, exactly? 'Attacks' from the Apollo Academy? They're hardly a threat; as all they would do is steal the breastplates from the girls. A matter of protecting school honor is not the same as saving people from enslavement.

And aside from the fact that Melissa saved the entire populace of Artemis Academy by making amends with Cerise; there's still that 'Faith made the school in her own image/her own personal harem' thing that's still hanging over her head.

True, it was done subconsciously - but do you honestly think that not a single girl in that school would think otherwise? Just saying she didn't know she was doing it isn't immediately going to convince people.

So, yeah - going up against the school's savior (who was gaining in popularity even before accepting her role as Magical Girl Melissa)? Faith is going to need a wish and a prayer to beat Melissa in the next election.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Cortez wrote:It was also revealed that Faith was mind controlling the students, so as far as the other students are concerned she's as bad as Cerise.
How were they being min controlled if they retained their free will? :-\

This is mind control. So was what Dakota was doing to Mel, and Cerise did to the school. At no point did Faith mentally enslave the student body. You're also trying to compare something that was done deliberately (Cerise) to an act that was unintentional (Faith). I'm pretty sure she can be forgiven for that.
Cortez wrote:So Faith would indeed have trouble running against good Mel in the next election. All Mel has to do is point out Faith's own abuse of power.
You mean a smear campaign? In that case, Mel would first have to familiarize herself with AA's rules to know which ones Faith was bending. Whereas all Faith would need to do, is point out that Mel is best friends with the girl who willfully enslaved the school and tried to murder its student council, and that she's using her position to protect her by letting her off scot-free.

It'd be like finding out the president elect was bffs with a known terrorist.

But that isn't what I was talking about, nor would I want to see Faith stoop to that level. She should be able to run a fairly strong campaign based on her ability and service to the school alone.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Can you really call it free will when the school is amping the esper's psychic nudges and making the school into what she desired? I seriously can't.

Mind control is about influencing or controlling someone's actions; which is what those psychic nudges were doing - influencing the girls to love Faith. And please, don't say she wasn't giving psychic nudges - Cerise confirmed she was, even if it was on a subconscious level.

And, again - not everyone in that school is going to believe Faith was unaware that she was doing it (because, seriously, how does a psychic esper not know when she's giving suggestive nudges?). Some may believe her, but not all of them will be so easily convinced.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Gotoh wrote:Mel's line about saving the school could just as easily be turned back on her, considering she's letting the girl who jeopardized it literally get away with 9 counts of attempted murder. I get that cryptid morality isn't the same as ours, but I can't believe Mel's just letting her off scot-free.

But even with that aside, I don't see where Faith should have much of a problem running against Mel. After all, she's the one that's been safeguarding the school for how long now...? And since I presume Dark Mel is the one who'll be returning to Charybdis, I shudder to think what that's gonna mean for Layla, given how much she used to antagonize her before the split.
Perhaps this puts Melissa and Faith on more equal footing, but I still think Melissa would win. Seeing as how these are warriors who have the discretion of showing mercy to the defeated Melissa has this right with Cerise and in spite of everything most of the students would respect that. And one could argue that the coven's presence endangered everyone there, but they are monster hunters so it goes with the territory and seeing as how Faith was supposed to keep them safe from such dangers and failed that makes her status of champion dubious. As it was she could not keep Apollo Academy students from raiding the school because of her relationship with Ash. When that stops under a Melissa presidency her popularity will grow. Finally, while Faith did not manipulate the student body to the extent that Cerise did she was rather overbearing and even her own student council resented this at times. They might not like Melissa for granting clemency, but I doubt their opinion of Faith is going to be as high as it was. And if Melissa can avoid the high handedness she could be reelected without much difficulty.

As for the triumphant return to Charybdis I would be more afraid for the principal than Layla. I think Melissa has evolved beyond high school popularity contests, but I am not so certain of Cerise and since Melissa promised not to dominate over her if anyone is going to seek out the status of queen bee it would be Cerise. However, someone who deliberately put them in harm's way and manipulated them is the kind of person they will definitely pay a visit.

I am also curious as to how powerful Melissa is while she exists as 2 witches. It reminds me of how Piccolo was strong as both Kami and King Piccolo and then exponentially so when combined. As such light Melissa could possibly hold her own if Faith dispenses with politics and tries to best her in combat and dark Melissa could easily deal with anyone giving her a hard time at Charybdis.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Fluffy wrote:As you said, witches (cryptids) live by different rules. For all anyone knows, that explosive fight they just had was little more than a tiff between friends (which it really seems to be,considering the outcome).
No argument there.
Fluffy wrote:But what has Faith been protecting the school from, exactly? 'Attacks' from the Apollo Academy? They're hardly a threat; as all they would do is steal the breastplates from the girls. A matter of protecting school honor is not the same as saving people from enslavement.
Good question, wish I knew the answer since they haven't gone into specifics yet. Though I'd disagree about the guys from Apollo not being a threat, given Ash by himself was able to defeat the entire Ninja Club and still match Faith.
Fluffy wrote:There's still that 'Faith made the school in her own image/her own personal harem' thing that's still hanging over her head.

True, it was done subconsciously - but do you honestly think that not a single girl in that school would think otherwise? Just saying she didn't know she was doing it isn't immediately going to convince people.
Sad, but true. It reminds me of what Alonso told Jake in 'Training Day': "It's not what you know, it's what you can prove."
Fluffy wrote:So, yeah - going up against the school's savior (who was gaining in popularity even before accepting her role as Magical Girl Melissa)? Faith is going to need a wish and a prayer to beat Melissa in the next election.
Not necessarily. At the very least, she oughta still have Sandi and Callie's vote of confidence. That's two members of the student council to vouch for her character, as far as what she's done for the school in the past. It's a start.
Fluffy wrote:Can you really call it free will when the school is amping the esper's psychic nudges and making the school into what she desired?
I can. Because that's blaming her for what a third party did without her knowledge.

That'd be like some guy running up to you with an armload of stolen jewelry and saying, "Here's the take from every store in town, just liked we planned!" when you didn't know anything about it. So when the police show up, should you be arrested for what he did? 'cuz I'm pretty sure you'd call bulls!t if they slapped the cuffs on you.

From what we were told, Faith's powers sync'd with the school independently of her conscious thought. She didn't intend for that to happen, it just did.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

The thing is that we've seen early on that the students can tap directly into the school's power in order to enhance their attacks (Faith, Melissa, Tiffany and Cerise were shown doing it).

So, it would come down to Faith proving it wasn't done intentionally - which may not be as easy as it sounds.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

brasca wrote:Perhaps this puts Melissa and Faith on more equal footing, but I still think Melissa would win.
Why would they fight? They have no reason to, unless it's in another combat exam. :-\

But, I wouldn't be so sure of Mel beating her. Faith was able to overpower the Esper Collective single-handedly and still shrugged off an explosion from fused Mel and Cerise's combined energy, while they were both amped by Hecate's dark essence. Not only have we not seen the the full extent of Faith's ability (yet), but we've been told that her powers are still growing.
brasca wrote:Seeing as how these are warriors who have the discretion of showing mercy to the defeated Melissa has this right with Cerise and in spite of everything most of the students would respect that.
Perhaps. But that'd depend on what they're willing to forgive. Trying to murder students isn't the same as swiping a breast plate (which is harmless mischief, at best).
brasca wrote:And one could argue that the coven's presence endangered everyone there, but they are monster hunters so it goes with the territory and seeing as how Faith was supposed to keep them safe from such dangers and failed that makes her status of champion dubious.
I mostly agree with you here. Still, it'd amount to the pot calling the kettle black, since none of them knew the Hellrunes were witches; including the faculty. Minus whoever the CH principal is working with, that is.
brasca wrote:As it was she could not keep Apollo Academy students from raiding the school because of her relationship with Ash.
Except they already know she's dating Ash and the other students like him too. That includes Mel.
brasca wrote:When that stops under a Melissa presidency her popularity will grow.
Will it? According to the editor, the breastplate raids are considered a recreational activity which helps them to hone their skills. So if Mel takes that away from them (assuming she actually can), then what?
brasca wrote:Finally, while Faith did not manipulate the student body to the extent that Cerise did she was rather overbearing and even her own student council resented this at times. They might not like Melissa for granting clemency, but I doubt their opinion of Faith is going to be as high as it was.
Tandy seems to be the only who doesn't like her, and I use that loosely, since it's more like indifference. But at the very least, she respects her. Gaby might be the only other holdout.
brasca wrote:As for the triumphant return to Charybdis I would be more afraid for the principal than Layla.

The amnesia spell hasn't been lifted as far as we know, so they'd have no reason to go after the CH principal. Even if they did, we have no idea how strong a cryptid she is and I doubt the Hellrunes know either. It's a bad idea for her to pick a fight without having an idea of what she was getting into first.

dragondeathlord

Post by dragondeathlord »

Its not a matter of guilt. Faith not guilty. But she did do it.
She Had Sex with some girls that would never of had sex with her nor liked her or do you really think Every Girl was a Lesbian or bi and or not in a Real relationship.
Or not just seen Faith as a skanky bimbo...
She had sex with People that never of liked her normally never mind loved her, that's Mind control.
Not knowing you are doing it might make you innocent. But it still mind control.
I think Faith just had to much power and no Idea she was doing it and never Questioned it.

But Many will see this as worse. Because realistically it is. Deliberate means she guilty but might be rehabilitated but uncontrolled Accidental Rape?
It means it can happen again because it was never deliberate.. And they will want her off the school grounds That Amplify that power.

Remember the type of school this is. There trained to Kill Monsters..
They loved Faith as a Student a future hunter but with all her powers some one should seen she was as much a cryptic as those they would one day hunt.
But her power Protected her from that.

To Quite a few will fear her and see her as the bigger monster than a Witch.
Cerise made them bow and hand feed her grapes but she did not turn them into a harem and bonk them.
Faith will have former lovers that will desperately hate her.
Sorry Never meant to sexauly Enslave you just doesn't cut it.

Basically She like any Cryptic Guilty for what she is, not what she chooses to be.
I decided to put this in my signature to save time explaining. My eyes are not the best and though I often use and depend on speech recognition software that is not 100%. And I do not always use it to type as it is aggravating. So I typing blind folded half the time or squinting. And the Ease of Access magnifier a pain, some times literally to use. So my typing sucks hard boiled Ostridge eggs through a ten foot straw. So to those that got to deal with it my sincere apologies.

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

What's Faith whining about? She's getting almost exactly what she wants.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

the AA has to learn that there are shades of different degrees for the cryptic

there might be a Chloe, than there might be a torrid

there might be a Nina and there might be a Lamia

and that sometimes ones of AA might go rogue

sometimes unintentionally (Coughskyecough) and sometimes intentionally (no names yet, but I am sure some of the AA from the past became evil women )

and from previous strip *Sarcastically* good Idea Faith, sen Cerise to a "devil realm" so she would have same experience as Mel's dark mom
ImageImage

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

dragondeathlord wrote:Its not a matter of guilt.
Actually, it is. You can't assign accountability without guilt.
dragondeathlord wrote:She Had Sex with some girls that would never of had sex with her nor liked her or do you really think Every Girl was a Lesbian or bi and or not in a Real relationship.
I can see where this is going, so I'll simply say: If you're gonna start tossin' around the "r-word," the first thing you're gonna have to do is prove that any of those acts were non-consenual and that Faith deliberately took advantage of them.
dragondeathlord wrote:Or not just seen Faith as a skanky bimbo...
Friendly word of advice: comments like this have gotten people banned around here. So you may wanna rephrase in future posts.
dragondeathlord wrote:I think Faith just had to much power and no Idea she was doing it and never questioned it.
...because she didn't have reason to, until now.
dragondeathlord wrote:Remember the type of school this is. There trained to Kill Monsters..
They loved Faith as a Student a future hunter but with all her powers some one should seen she was as much a cryptic as those they would one day hunt.
Except they're already aware that she's abnormally powerful. They've known it since the beginning of the comic. So I doubt they'll turn on her for it now. If Cerise can be forgiven for deliberately trying to commit murder, I'm more than sure they can forgive an unintentional act, since the school itself is partly to blame.

So should they tear down the building too? :-\
dragondeathlord wrote:Faith will have former lovers that will desperately hate her.
Sorry Never meant to sexauly Enslave you just doesn't cut it.
You don't enslave someone by allowing them to retain their free-will. That's what Cerise did to the school, or like what Blair did to Becky.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Gotoh wrote:
brasca wrote:Perhaps this puts Melissa and Faith on more equal footing, but I still think Melissa would win.
Why would they fight? They have no reason to, unless it's in another combat exam. :-\

But, I wouldn't be so sure of Mel beating her. Faith was able to overpower the Esper Collective single-handedly and still shrugged off an explosion from fused Mel and Cerise's combined energy, while they were both amped by Hecate's dark essence. Not only have we not seen the the full extent of Faith's ability (yet), but we've been told that her powers are still growing.
I am referring to the next class election, but I think at this point Melissa's light and dark power makes her superior to Faith.
Gotoh wrote:
brasca wrote:Seeing as how these are warriors who have the discretion of showing mercy to the defeated Melissa has this right with Cerise and in spite of everything most of the students would respect that.
Perhaps. But that'd depend on what they're willing to forgive. Trying to murder students isn't the same as swiping a breast plate (which is harmless mischief, at best).
The combat duels may be non lethal, but the principle is the same. The rest of the student body will be no more pleased with Cerise for her mind control than Faith's influence, but she only attempted to murder 9 students so only 9 people have a legitimate reason to be upset with Melissa's clemency. Of that 9 Melissa and Jacqui are willing to forgive, Tiffany is willing to agree with Melissa's decision leaving 6 people at best who will not vote for her under any circumstance. I am fairly certain Melissa could still win the election.
Gotoh wrote:
brasca wrote:As it was she could not keep Apollo Academy students from raiding the school because of her relationship with Ash.
Except they already know she's dating Ash and the other students like him too. That includes Mel.
They know that, but what they do not is her tendency to talk in her sleep gives Ash valuable intelligence and unless Melissa plans to take Faith's boyfriend too that leak ends which leads to the next point.
Gotoh wrote:
brasca wrote:When that stops under a Melissa presidency her popularity will grow.
Will it? According to the editor, the breastplate raids are considered a recreational activity which helps them to hone their skills. So if Mel takes that away from them (assuming she actually can), then what?
I am not referring to the raids, but the defeats. Yes, it is good surprise training, but do you think the students at Artemis like being humiliated by the students at Apollo on a routine basis? The next time it happens, Ash gets zapped with Melissa's wand and then makes out with Dio. Actually that sounds like something Ruby would do if she wielded the wand, but not out of the realm of possibilities. ;)

The raids will continue and they will get valuable practice as well as higher morale when they defeat the raiders each time.
Gotoh wrote:
brasca wrote:Finally, while Faith did not manipulate the student body to the extent that Cerise did she was rather overbearing and even her own student council resented this at times. They might not like Melissa for granting clemency, but I doubt their opinion of Faith is going to be as high as it was.
Tandy seems to be the only who doesn't like her, and I use that loosely, since it's more like indifference. But at the very least, she respects her. Gaby might be the only other holdout.
And those are just examples within her own student council. While there are many that respect her strength and power they may not care for her style of leadership and would welcome a change now that they are not influenced to like and agree with Faith.
Gotoh wrote:
brasca wrote:As for the triumphant return to Charybdis I would be more afraid for the principal than Layla.

The amnesia spell hasn't been lifted as far as we know, so they'd have no reason to go after the CH principal. Even if they did, we have no idea how strong a cryptid she is and I doubt the Hellrunes know either. It's a bad idea for her to pick a fight without having an idea of what she was getting into first.
We do not know if the sheer power both Cerise and Melissa possess nullifies the spell completely, but even if they have no recollection of being used as spies by the principal it is a place they did not want to be transferred to and only agreed to it because whatever else punishment was worse. I doubt the principal can scare them now. And I am not entirely convinced the principal is too powerful in his or her own right. The principal kept the reason for their transfer a secret from their parents probably out of fear of retribution and if Melissa's true parentage was known would not dare it at all. Even though they are at a level far above where they were originally they seem to be playing by some set of rules and probably will not reenter the school without some authorization. Now maybe the principal relents out of fear or maybe Melissa will bargain for their reentry. Seeing as how her lighter half will be remaining at Artemis that means Charybdis has an inside source so as long as they continue to communicate then the principal will still have her spy.