Magick Chicks 04-11-11 She shut up

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

TazTheTerrible

Re: Magick Chicks 04-11-11 She shut up

Post by TazTheTerrible »

EDIT: On closer consideration, it's probably "Corruptor" which is the correct spelling. The vowels in the word, while similar to the "E" symbol appear to be different still. That makes it:
"Beware the Corruptor! His agent is near!"

EDIT OF EDIT: Commence wild speculation! :D

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

I hope my post contributed at least a bit to the deciphering...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

TazTheTerrible

Post by TazTheTerrible »

Yep. I used your transcript. It was also what intially threw me off though because you also confused the "O" and "E" to be the same symbol.

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Assuming Taz (and Don's) work is accurate, yeah, this just opens up for a LOT of wild speculation. But why hold back?

Lets start off with the simple question of is the 'agent' even referring to Faith? Just 'on screen' there is Sandi, Mandi (Tiff?), and junior Psyker Girl there. Plus off screen could easily be Cerise, Jacqui, and a couple dozen of other girls running around in swimwear. And what is 'near'? Hell, the corrupter's agent might be Nina for all we can tell. (And on a side note, wouldn't it be hilarious if it turns out that the Delacroixs were Faith's neighbors, with neither knowing the truth about the other?)

Lets assume Sandi is able translate it herself. What will her reaction be? Will she ask the same kind of questions as above? Will she assume that it refers to Faith? And if she does make that conclusion, would she tell Faith, or would it even affect her infatuation?

Is the 'agent' of this 'corrupter' a bad person? They could be operating with the assumption they are on the side of 'good', or not even aware that they are working for the benefit of another power.

And is the 'corrupter' even the bad guy? It might be that the agency that is talking through Mel might be some kind of 'we will bring absolute order to this chaotic world' type force or such, and as such would see any resistance to such as a 'corrupting' factor.

As I said, all this does is give us fodder to fill many many many more virtual pages full of wild speculation. :ymdevil:
Last edited by Ravenhull on Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Aquila89

Post by Aquila89 »

The corruptor can't be Nina, because it's "his agent", and Nina is a female. :p

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

I was referring to the corrupter's 'agent', though I might not have been clear in my wording.

Edit: Looking back, I did mistype and now I've inserted the missing 'agent' into the earlier post.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Well, the most straightforward thought is that Faith is serving some vile, dark force, and is "his" agent... Maybe Mel is just speaking for the wand?

Oh, and I see what you mean with O and E, Taz. But drat, those two are really similar...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Since when has anything here been straight forward? :))

showler

Post by showler »

In a pedantic response, the "minus" comments bug me. They make no sense unless Faith is inside of Mel.

I leave that to you for your jokes.

Random Wanderer

Post by Random Wanderer »

Zorlond wrote:For some reason, I read that last line with the tone of voice that basically turned it into "Take some ***damn hors d'oeurves, ***dammit!!" :D
Poor Mindy's been offering them to everyone and everyone's ignoring her. Well, now you will take some *%#@ing hors d'oeurves, or else! :))
TazTheTerrible wrote:EDIT: On closer consideration, it's probably "Corruptor" which is the correct spelling. The vowels in the word, while similar to the "E" symbol appear to be different still. That makes it:
"Beware the Corruptor! His agent is near!"

EDIT OF EDIT: Commence wild speculation! :D
:-o Oh my. If that's correct, it cannot be good. Of course, part of me suspects this to be a red herring, where the comic's creators get a good laugh at us while we spend the next several days/weeks/months/years in speculation and debate, and it turns out the whole thing was meaningless.

...Sorry. I'm just hesitant to commit too much to something like this at this early a stage. Webcomic authors have thrown twists at me too many times in the past for me to believe things like this 100%.

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

Is it just me, or does Faith seem to be on a bit of a downward spiral in trying to make sense of this wand. Girl seriously needs to recover her cool, calm, unflappable air of smug superiority.
Holder of the Elder Scepter of Ebilnes, Elected Supreme Ruler
"Who are you? I mean, you're me, but I'm me too. How can there be two 'me's? It's not scientifically possible. You are not scientifically possible!" -Twilight Sparkle, to her future self.
Yira wrote:Whatever, labels are stupid. ...Unless it's a label gun, then we're talking tons of fun. "Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! ...This is an awesome bar stool, but you can have it."

TazTheTerrible

Post by TazTheTerrible »

I do wonder if our esteemed writers and artists expected us to decipher that one as quickly as we did. Were we meant to figure this one out or not?

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Part of me kinda supports the 'oh, this will make them run around in circles wihout meaning anything for real' theory having some legitimacy. I think Giz, Dave and Shouri have learned how quickly we will jump on something like that.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

showler wrote:In a pedantic response, the "minus" comments bug me. They make no sense unless Faith is inside of Mel.
I think this terminology is usually used when one object (say, a spacecraft) is approaching another object (say, a space station for docking). Especially when one has a travel path or trajectory from A to B, then distance from A (increasing) would be given with a +, and distance from B (approaching) with a -.
ImageImage

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Random Wanderer wrote:
Anyone want to try translating, to see if the creators hid anything of interest in that text?
"I am Zuul! None shall stand against Zuul! Zuul shall devour you!"
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image